Sunday, July 20, 2008

Finally...

Ok...so here they are.  FINALLY!  Now, they are not in order because I didn't want to go back and repost, but I'll explain.

Here's Reagan playing on her "island" also know as a beach towel because she wasn't a fan of the sand.  Kind of defeats the purpose of going to the beach, huh?  She really enjoyed the towel and our little tent.

Reagan's first taste of the lake, which she actually enjoyed (sandy toes and all!)

Oh My!  She is actually playing in the sand.  Of course we documented this moment!  (It was almost as big as her first steps.)

The token family picture at the beach.

Again, playing in the sand - on her own!  This was our second day at the beach.

This was actually the first part of the trip when we went to Mackinac Island.  We rented bikes and a Burley cart for the little miss and road 10+ miles.  Of course this picture was taken pre-trip around the island so we are happy and not sore at all!

Fresh air and a free ride...what could be better than a little nap to go along!

Surveying the land.  We were shocked at how "California" like Mackinac was.  The water was incredibly clear!  (Not like California.)

This is a super cute picture (parental bias) but you may notice the outfit change.  Why?  Oh, Reagan spilled her entire cup of water on her shirt and then leaked out of her diaper.  Mother of the year here, had no extra clothes so we shopped for Reagan on the island.  The shirt was a little tricky to find small enough, but the shorts were really tough to find.  We ended up finding a pair of 2T shorts to throw on her and rolled the waist.  People must have thought we were nuts because before we found the shorts, she was in the new shirt and diaper.  Oh well...at least I had extra diapers, right?

This was the water slide at our hotel in Ludington.  Reagan kept doing the sign for "more" after each trip down.  We must have gone down it 10-15 times the first night.  Go figure the nights after that, she wasn't such a fan.  In fact, the second night she shook her head "no" as we walked up the stairs and pointed to the pool.  Such a fickle girl!

Well, there you have it.  A few of our vacation pictures.  More will emerge on our family website in a couple days, but for now here is a sneak peak!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Love, love love the pics! It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love the pic of Reagan and you going down the slide and all of her on the beach! How fun! I'm sure it was a pain and all during the event of finding clothing for Reagan on while on the island, but I have to say, I take great comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one that carts my child around places/other's houses in just a diaper and a shirt when "incidents" happen :-)

Denyse said...

Oh Katy!!!! It looks like you guys are having such a great time!!!!!! I am so excited for you to be able to take such a wonderful family vacation. Reagan looks like she is having a blast.
can't wait to see you and hear all about it.

Corie said...

Great pics! It looks like such a fun time! I love Mackinac and haven't been in YEARS... your pictures really make me want to go again! I'm glad you put up such a great little snapshot (oh, dumb pun, totally unintentional!!) of your trip.