Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Seriously?

I just wanted to sweep and wash my floors today.  That's all.  So, to do this quickly, it takes about an hour.  I start clearing chairs, stools, etc. out of the kitchen/dining/family rooms before Reagan goes down for a nap thinking, I may cut it close but should be fine.  So here's how it went...

1:30 - go upstairs to put Reagan down for a nap
1:40 - take Roxy outside to go to the bathroom
1:45 - finish moving things, put rugs in washer, clean up extra toys and start sweeping
2:10 - (almost done sweeping) crying from upstairs...UGH!

So, my hopes of washing the floors without "help" were dashed.  I tried to get my 30 min. napper to go back to sleep and watched a good 40 min. of Veggie Tales, but no luck.  So, we come downstairs and finishing sweeping is no problem at all.  Get that done and decide to turn on Cinderella (it's got animals and singing - 2 of her favorite things).  Cinderella doesn't hold the attention of my busy body for long and she is trying to follow me while I mop.  (Here's a clue to what's coming - wet wood floors and 15 month old don't mix!)  We're good at the beginning because there is still a ton of dry floor, but then it happens...step, step, crying.  The little monkey slipped and fell.  Of course she was fine, it wasn't bad - just scared her.  So, I finished the floor holding her.

Which leads me to the lesson learned and question of the day (well, year rather)
-Wash your floors after your child is in bed (for the night) even though you just want to crash.
-Will she ever nap longer than 30 min. on a consistent basis?  (We can hope!)

1 comment:

Diana said...

Why is it that the tasks that seem like they theoretically should be easy even with a little one around - are almost unconquerable?!?! It seems so easy - so cut and dry - you watch TV and play with some toys - I'll clean quickly - then we can play and you can have mommy's undivided attention - It never works like that - they must ALWAYS do what you do, play with what you have, and melt down if you let them do neither! Ohhhh the humanity!!! I hope and pray for you (and your sanity) that soon Reagan will nap a very long and solid nap, on a consistant basis! Perhaps we should just set up a scheduled "Reagan drop off time" @ Tyler's house one afternoon a week so that you have the opportunity to get those things done - without help :-)