In our minds, the next is to give Gus away. That is, if we can find some wonderful person who is both willing and has the pocket book to love and care for Gus. We've talked about sending him to Arizona to live with Adam's brother but I'm afraid that is only a temporary fix as allergies only get worse with time. We'd need to find someone who is really OK spending mass amounts on the four legged friend. I would be fine spending mass amounts if it didn't mean giving up family vacations or going back to work. At some point I have to be realistic.
I was telling Adam it is so difficult because there are people in my life that disapprove of the potential decision. It just sucks! I am frustrated that their thoughts are weighing me down. As I was telling him this, I had an enlightening experience. I need to just make the decision that is best for our family and for Gus. Face it, he could live here with us and we could do what we are currently doing to keep him as comfortable as possible, but what if there was a family willing to do whatever it took to "cure" him? Wouldn't that be so much better for Gus? Maybe I am being selfish wanting him to stay with me, because I would fee like I wasn't "failing him." In reality, that is just what I would be doing! I can't let that get in the way of him.
I know we'd get used to it, and maybe we'd get updates on him every once in a blue moon. Adam, Reagan and I were in the basement playing yesterday and Roxy came down, but not Gus. In those few minutes, I got a glimpse of what life would be like and we would survive. So, long story short, I feel like I am coming to a better place about Gus and what is best for him as well. I just hope it works out. Say a prayer that the vet visit is productive!
2 comments:
Oh, I'm glad you posted this (although I'm sorry you still have this problem to have to post about) because I have been meaning to ask you about Gus and keep forgetting to. I'm sorry that things are still hard and frustrating for you to make a decision. I can't imagine having to figure out what to do in your shoes. I wish you good luck and understanding from all the people in your life on this tough situation.
We missed you this morning! Hope to see you tomorrow.
I hope your visit Friday bring you guys some clarity about what would be best for Gus and your family - and also peace!
Post a Comment