In my reflecting, I was thinking of great friends, family, life in general. I am truly blessed! I have a great home, a great base of friends, my family loves me, my daughter is awesome, and my husband loves me. It has been almost 9 years that Adam and I have been together and it seems as though things are better now than ever. On top of a great life, I am loved by God. I have thought a lot this week about how much he loves us and it blows my mind! God is truly good to me as I know that everything I have, everyone who is in my life, everything - is a gift from Him.
On a slightly different note, I was reminded by my friend that I need to trust Him for even the small things. Do I think he is concerned with finding a couple more MOPPETS workers? I never (honestly) thought to pray about it and trust that he will provide what we need. Why not though? I can trust him for the day to day life things, that bills get paid, etc. Why not the workers for this great ministry? Seriously...how big do I think I am? I can't do anything and obviously my efforts aren't taking it as far - I've hit a wall. God can jump the wall and let's face it, he could squash me, he is THAT huge! I need to trust, way more than I do!
Oh the things I need to do, the things I need to work on. I should never expect to be status quo as that won't get me anywhere. Always growing, always changing...that is where I'd like to be. I am so happy that I can surround myself with people, here in Indiana that challenge my thinking without even knowing they challenge me. Again, I am blessed and God is good! You may hear more about my thinking because this friend challenged me that much! Kind of nice though!
2 comments:
Katy- I had so much fun tonight! I am so happy that you are starting to feel connected and enjoying where you are. It is so hard to have to pick up and move, but I definitely think great friends make it easier and worth it. That is definitely one of the major reasons we love it here.
Yes, God is that big and you are never small to him.
Indiana (or at least the people in it!) are definitely glad to have you. I have been so happy to get to know you and talk with you and I know that you can relate to me on so many issues and that makes it easier for me to feel them!
Thank you for reminding me to remind myself how blessed I am. :)
Post a Comment